May 20, Saturday 12:30-2:30pm – CA Rangeland Trust Vineyard Walk, Wine Tasting, & Lunch
Only for members & attendees of the CA Rangeland Trust
Vineyard Walk, Wine Tasting, & Lunch – Saturday 12:30-2:30pm
Walk the vineyard:
- Vineyard, olive tree & lavender field walk with owner, Marcus - 1 hour
- Voted Best Winery 2020, 2021 & 2022 by readers of Sacramento Magazine
- Wines awarded Gold & Double Gold at San Francisco Wine Competition, 96-Points
- Our vineyard & olive trees from planting to profitability
- Our transition from sustainable to organic farming
- Use of biological products
- Marketing wine to the local community as well as international wine connoisseurs
- Charcuterie board
- Taste a flight of 5 wines paired with 5 cheeses
- Q&A with the owner continues over lunch
Owner: Marcus Meadows-Smith
- Marcus is also a renown expert on microbial products for agriculture and invited speaker at many ag conferences around the world.
- Formerly the leader of $2 billion portfolio of businesses for Uniroyal/Chemtura including their global Crop Protection business; CEO of AgraQuest transforming from financial distressed startup to $500 million exit in 4 years; Head of Bayer Crop Science's global biologics business.
- Currently CEO of BioConsortia, microbial R&D company developing N-fixing microbes for non-legume crops (from corn to lettuce) to replace/reduce the use of synthetic N fertilizers, biopesticides, and post-harvest protection products for agriculture.
Owner & Winemaker: Jenny Meadows-Smith
- Award-winning winemaker
- Graduate of UC Davis Viticulture & Enology program, as well as BSc Chemistry & MBA from UK universities.